The Ingham County Board of Commissioners, in conjunction with the Ingham County MSU Extension, has established a Youth Commission consisting of up to 15 youth between the ages of 12 and 18 years of age to advise the Board of Commissioners and others within county government on issues relating to young people throughout Ingham County.
The Ingham County Youth Commission is a diverse group of youth, ranging in ages from 12-18. Our primary function is to advise the Ingham County Board of Commissioners and others within the county government, on issues relating to young people throughout the county.
* To be a community leader in the identification of issues affecting youth;
* To serve as an advocate for youth needs in the community by directly engaging the community in the process;
* To develop leadership skills and educate youth about local government;
* To develop new resources or improve existing community programs for youth;
* To recognize and promote the value of young people in our community.